Spring needed for Skil Saw

I got a Skil circular saw. The spring that returns the guard vanished. I am constantly burying the blade in the lawn. I am sure that if I contact Skil they will charge $20 shipping for a 50cent spring. Does anyone know of anything that I might be able to get a spring out of? Just looking for ideas. Maybe something automotive???

Thanks

Mark

Reply to
maradcliff

Mark wrote:>I got a Skil circular saw. The spring that returns the guard

Your local Ace hardware should have a reasonable facsimile. Tom Work at your leisure!

Reply to
Tom

Have you tried simply contacting the local Skil service center to obtain the correct part? In my experience bits and pieces like this are seldom overwhelmingly expensive -- they usually save _those_ prices for the internal parts. You can find a local center (in the US anyway) at

. Or you can go to the root site and select a different country to start looking.

Reply to
John McGaw

Its only $3 at the most (depending which model you have)....get it at any Bosch / Skil dealer. Most have a tray of them, we give them for free with our business card as a goodwill gesture which may bring the customer back at a later date for a real repair.

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN