Spraying a deck with water repellent?

I did about half my deck with a roller using Wolman tinted waterbased water repellent. Then I read the instructions. It says you can spray it on with a pump sprayer and then roll it in. That would cut the work in half! I have a pump sprayer used for spraying insecticide and weed killer. Is that what they are talking about? The repellent is pretty thin; should work...

Reply to
Toller

Yes.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Yes, that is what I use, but I don't roll it in after spraying. I haven't used the brand you are referring to , I use Thompson's tinted water seal. I do side jobs pressure washing and sealing decks, I have done at least 200 decks in the past 3 years and have had no complaints, Yet!? I pressure wash the deck then allow to dry for 24 hrs (depending on weather) then I go back and spray with the sealer. I have always gotten an even finish but what I like is that there are no brush strokes, yes I have to prepare the adjacent area for overspray. I think I'd rather throw down a few paint cloths then to sit there and roll all day.

See how it works for your brand, although I'm sure your probably already done the task, huh?

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

I don't understand. Aren't ducks already water repellant?

Reply to
mm