Split PVC repair?

We're opening a water line closed in winters to avoid freezing splits. Just found a spot at the end of a long run that has split.Our son told us about it but neither of us has seen how the crack goes. Is there an adhesive that can be applied to soak into the split and seal it?

Reply to
nospambob

No

Reply to
dpb

Cut it out and replace it. Should be simple enough to do with pvc.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Nope

Reply to
Steve Barker

I was just picking up some PVC fittings at HD and came across a two piece PVC patch for small defects. No idea if it is any good. Might be worth a try because you don't have to cut the leaking part out and don't need any slack in the pipe to get a coupling on.

If you try it a report (good or bad) will help others.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

I used an expandable PVC coupler. It expands from about 1" to about 4" long.

It was perfect for my application and hasn't leaked so far-been in about 3 months.. Kept me from digging up and replacing some PVC.

Reply to
newman

Ditto. My experience with freezing PVC is that splits rarely run a few inches - they're usually measured in feet.

KC

Reply to
KC