Splatter

Personally, I leave a shit.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

We aim to keep this bathroom clean, your aim will help.

Reply to
Tony

Do you stand to take a shit?

In Mexico, you betcha!

Reply to
Steve B

The OP may have never entered a men's public lavatory, thus might not have known urinals are designed and built differently from all-purpose toilets, and may not have guessed there might be a reason for this . . .

Reply to
Don Phillipson

I've been in bathrooms in Europe where cleaning women were cleaning sinks and urnials while men were using the facilities. Yet, a European complained to me that our US toilet stalls are open at the top and the bottom while theirs are closed like closets for more privacy ;)

Reply to
Frank

I remember a place where I worked the janitor washed the toilets, sinks and lunch room tables in that order with the same bucket of soapy water and a sponge.

Reply to
LSMFT

I've seen the reverse in Europe.

I'm SO lucky that I'd already finished that diet Coke. The bubbles are hell on the sinuses.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

It was pretty common to see female "towel girls" in mens's restrooms back when I was a "Road Warrier" and traveled through many parts of europe fairly often.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia

Not in the UK though. I found it quite disconcerting when I starting working in France and Belgium. Later, when working more widely in mainland Europe, I rarely realised it.

Reply to
Clot

Male cleaners in "womens" rooms were not rare.

I didn't know that. I guess that's not so bad in one way - ladies do at least have the privacy of a door.

Reply to
Clot

Snort! BTDT! And I am well in the middle of the bell curve on the average sizes for such body parts. In the commercial world, if the bowl level is set too high, it almost never gets fixed, because, well, how do you tell the sweet young thing in the super's office, or at the hotel front desk, just what the problem IS?

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Tell her you found rocks when touching bottom?

Reply to
Oren

Didja ever realize that one of the benefits of the women's liberation movement in the USA which started about 50 years ago was the (I think) total elimination of the pay toilet stalls which used to be commonplace in many public restrooms??

The ladies successfully argued that it was unfair to make them pay to get into a stall to pee, while men could use the urinals for free.

I have encountered some "pay bathrooms" at cheap gas stations where anyone who wants to use that room has to drop in a coin to open the door.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia

Those gradually disappeared here in the 60s from recollection; I've just checked with SWMBO'd who cannot recall when she last had to spend a penny.

However, we have had a relatively recent emergence of SuperLoos - what they do, I have no idea. (Ponders whether they are like a car wash and you exit sodden!)

Reply to
Clot

Wiki has some notes about that era:

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia

I have vague recollections of pay toilets. If one of us was in dire need to go, the rest of the boys had to wait in line without letting the door close so we got our moneys worth. In one store it was known that the bathrooms where always kept very clean, there we were told to go under the door. Gawd that sounds gross now, even with clean floors.

Reply to
Tony