Speed Queen washer center leak

Hi,

I have an old Ratheon Speed Queen washer. The model number is SWT221LA. It has developed a leak in the center just above the main bearing. I bought a new hub and seal kit, and have the front and top off. I took the two plastic pieces off of the top of the drum. How do I get the agitator off?? It doesn't seem like there is a removable cap on the agitator (I read that on some washers you have to remove the cap and remove a nut), I tried pulling it up but it doesn't budge. I have done some research and it seems on some washers you have to pull with a lot of force to get it off. I didn't want to break anything so I didn't pull too hard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Paul

Reply to
paul