Speaking of Cheap Hammer Drills

While searching for something else a few weeks ago I ran across a place that had a selection of hammer drills ranging in price from about $8 to $20. Some had more than minimal amperage ratings. I tried just now to find the place again so I could post a link. I can't find it now, but here a few individual links that illustrate what I was seeing:

?ID=45
?prod_id=CHIG156UL
What are these things? Has anybody owned one of them? When a good hammer drill costs a hundred and a half $$ and more, what can these things do? If someone only drills 5 half-inch holes in concrete a year is it possible these things can handle that?

jim ___ Have a home upkeep question? Try my help page. It's sort of an alt.home.repair FAQ.

jim evans

sorry to be RUDE to you [ but im, not ] but only an IDIOT would spend 8 to 20 on a hammer drill and expect it to last a job let alone a day........ crap motor , plastic gears,, prob rebuild, crap,, drill one hole and wonder why it sounds like its dying , because it is HAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAAA.... I bought SEARS sanders 20 yrs ago,,,,, Blew out

1 a day on a commercial job 70.00 their best , blew out 9 in 9 days,,,,,,,,,,, they said " leave ,,,here is your money you are costing us to much" Bought PORTER CABLE 200.00 MADE USA they still work 22yrs later........... Dip shit... U get what U pay for.......20 $ drill 2hr piece of shit
Reply to
mark Ransley

HAAA HAAAAAA HAAAAAAA 8 dollar drill Ill give you 8 for it,,,,,, just to BLOW it up... ILL enjoy my 8 bucks HAAAAA HAAAAAAA yea im P. U .I. but you are a sucker an 8 dollar drill is an 8 dollar drill,,, ka plunk.....

Reply to
mark Ransley

Even better 8 dollar HAMMER ---- - DRILL=== ,,,, PIECE OF SHIT.............. waiste of time...............

Reply to
mark Ransley

Like you and your incessant ramblings here..

Reply to
James Keene