Sound blocking from upstairs...HELP! Need recommendations!

I need to block out the sound from upstairs. The folks who own the unit above mine are incredibly loud walkers and have chosen to ignore my requests that they consider that I'm hearing them pound around. Rather than start a neighbor war, I thought I'd research what I could do to my unit (other than move out) to get that noise out of my life.

I want to block the sound out. Will an acoustic ceiling help with that? If not, is there any home improvement project I could do to achieve that result?

dt

Reply to
dt

somewhat. if you're renting, you won't be able to put one up. in that case, you'll probably have to move.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Reply to
Terry Cano

Cheapest bet ,, move, you will Never be happy. Be Happy

Reply to
m Ransley

You are dealing with impact noise. It is carried through the structure. That leaves you with little you can do, particularly in a multiple dwelling. Try researching acoustics. TB

Reply to
Tom Baker

Low frequencies require the most insulation , Low bass frequencies are

4 ft long+ compared to high frequencies which are under apx 10000 hz 1/2" long , ever wonder why you hear boom boxes Bass, well , long frequency, and it takes 4x the power to reproduce low frequencies to be heard. As well as great insulsation for LF so if you have an 8 ft ceiling hang 4 ft of fiberglass under it , if your a midgit you will be ok . If not stoop to 4ft. Or Move.
Reply to
m Ransley

Reply to
safemale

Some apartment complexes require a given percentage of the floor be carpeted. Any chance of that in your case?

TB

Reply to
Tom Baker

Earplugs. Fifty cents.