Snow blower recommendations?

I thought you might have mis-understood what I was saying, but I wasn't sure. I do agree that some products are better made and MAY withstand more neglect than others. That's why the are classified as commercial. :-)

I work on a lot of small engines, mostly dirtbikes, ATV's and riding mowers. There is a HUGE difference between the Chinese made engines and Japs, or even B&S. I can feel the sloppyness in the way the nuts&bolts fit together in Chinese stuff, whereas the others are machined to MUCH closer tolerances. I am in constant awareness of breaking off a bolt or stipping the threads.

Hank

Reply to
Hustlin' Hank

Hmmm..... you were astute enough to distinguish "knowledge" from "ability". How did you then come to the conclusion that the problem is ability, rather than knowledge?

Reply to
Existential Angst

Anything that has a gasoline engine will require the knowledge and ability to perform minor adjustments and repairs. These seem to be beyond your abilities. Generally speaking, electric outdoor products do not have the power of the internal combustion units.

If you buy something with a gasoline engine, look for a Honda engine. They cost a bunch more and will usually need to go to a professional when they malfunction, but the malfunctions seem to be further apart. It seems that Tecumseh and Briggs units don't work well for you.

Reply to
DanG