Snow and X-MAS lights

This is the first year I decorated my yard with some light up reindeer, a couple of 8' fan inflated balloons and lights. We are expecting some decent amount of snow and I was wondering how to protect the outlets and balloons (they are not inflated during the day) if we get the snow. I appreciate any tips that you may have or that you use on your own xmas lights. TIA

Reply to
Rennyboy

Take a look at the thread "Outdoor christmas lights." There are conflicting opinions. I prefer to keep my connections dry (in sandwich bags with rubber bands) to prevent corrosion, although it may not be necessary.

Reply to
Phisherman

If you want the major connections dry, buy a large glass jar of pickles. Eat the pickles, and use the empty jar, upside-down on a wooden tree stake or bamboo plant stake to keep the connections up off the ground and sheltered from rain snow.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here