"Snap" Laminate Flooring (Joining tight areas?)

I have some flooring where you turn at an angle to snap into the preceeding row. Then you gently tap into the the row that lays in line with the one you just added. Well, when I get to the end there is no room to put the "tap" board and tap them in place. THe pull bar starts chipping the end long before the board actually goes into place.

And yes, I checked and there are no obstructions. Any tips for getting this in when in tight places such as the wall, and the closet?

Reply to
dan

How tight is tight? Use a block or strip of wood if you can. If it is close enough to be covered by the baseboard, don't even worry about it if you get a chip.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Isn't there supposed to be a gap between the last board and the wall?

Maybe your board needs trimming to give you sufficient wiggle room.

Reply to
franz frippl

I never had this problem but I remove all the moldings first so I have more room to play with. The pull bar only required about 1/8" to fit into the end piece and you should have about 1/4" space so that should not be a problem anyway.

If you're talking about an end piece that has to be ripped smaller than 2" across the width than sometimes its bitch to snap it in place. If that is the case I snap the 2" roll to the next to last roll first (the 2" roll being the last one) - gluing it together may help. Then I use the combination of the 2" and the next to end roll as one unit and snap that in.

Reply to
** Frank **

You use the pry bars. HD sells then with the Pergo installation kits. You hook onto the board and hammer it in (hammering toward youself)

Reply to
J.A. Michel