snaking the drain line again

well just successfully did it today unfortunately have it down to a science

could have had it rented and back in 60 min but it has a 4 hour min at about $39 so took a little extra time

same problem

about 60 feet down the line so i have to rent the 75 foot version

works every time

but

dec 01

aug 03

nov 03

tried the roebic stuff in dec 01 i thought i had it conquered even followed up in early jan 01 with back up

and then in aug after the last rooter

but apparently not the right ticket

seemed to be roots all the time

anyone have any thoughts, short of replacing 100 feet of line, basement line, with plastic? pipe liner? time-release root killer, pro-service that will come on a contract/guarantee?

anything?

bill

Reply to
mcameron

We had rooter twice/year for roots for several years the tried Root Kill and now use it twice/year and no rooter for several years. Plumbing section of HD is where I found it. Coppersomethingorother.

Reply to
Nospambob1

If you continue snaking, please check out

and they have an electric snake on sale. About $170.

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn

thanks

would have bought one ages ago but it is only offered in

50 foot model

need 75 feet

any thoughts on one of those?

bill

Reply to
mcameron

well i have some

plan on putting it down on a more or less continual basis to see if that will do it

copper sulfate

when this came up before i was searching for a product that might be like a toilet bowl cleaner that would sit in the tank and be a slow release thing over a month or so but could not find one

thanks

bill

Reply to
mcameron

I had to call RooterMan several times, but it didn't last. Eventually, I dug up the drainage pipe between the house and the septic tank -- collapsed under the walkway! I guess the rooter just chewed through the dirt enough to open it a bit, but it quickly collapsed again. I just replaced it with PVC. No problem in over a year.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

no pipe intact roots everytime

wish it were that easy

Reply to
mcameron

If it's roots, it's broken or leaking. If you want to keep chewing up roots go for it. If you want to fix it, bite down hard & replace it. Been there. It won't be cheap but it will be done.

Reply to
Truitt Bottsford III

Did you use the one that has an inner and outer cable?...that come in

5' sections and hook onto each other?

Did you use a cutter blade on the line? It has teeth on it...is round...and looks like a hole saw. Its about the same diameter as the inside diameter of the pipe.

Are you running water down that line as you clean it?

Have a nice week...

Trent

Dyslexics of the world ... UNTIE !

Reply to
Trent©

NOPE one 3/8"? cable with the two curvy cutters ran it down dry until i heard the sound of success glusheeeeeee

then turned the water on and backed it out and then for good measure ran it back all the way back out and home, water running

thanks

Reply to
mcameron

It looks like part of yer problem is that you've never used the proper equipment.

The next time it plugs up...

They have a sounding device that fits on the head of the first part of the snake. It sends out a signal that can be read above ground. Get someone to run that for you first. That way, you'll know where the blockage problem is located. If needed, you can simply dig down in that area and fix that section.

Then try to get the equipment I mentioned. The first procedure is to run a point thru the blockage...then the cutter.

All this, of course, will not PERMANENTLY fix your problem. But you might be able to get a few years out of each cleaning.

Good luck.