Skyline Windows

I have to address some problems with my windows in my home that is ~ 7yrs old. I am the second owner of this home and have been told by the builder and Skyline windows that the warranty does not apply to me since I am not the original owner. The Windows are Double-Hung, wood-clad on the inside and Aluminum-Clad on the outside. Each window has a separate Storm window on the outside. A couple of issues that I need to resolve in most of the windows:

  1. I get condensation between the outside of the window and the inside of the storm. This is likely due to Warm air escaping from the window and collecting on the storm. I believe I can solve this by "tightening" the seal in the window and making sure the the weepholes in the storm are not blocked.

  1. When I do open these windows most of the upper sashes cannot stay up. Anyone been successful at adjusting the spring assemblies in their aging windows to keep the upper sash from falling down?

I can hear air getting in some of these windows on a windy day. Seems that most of the leakage is coming from the point where the upper sash meets the top of the window. Currently my windows have only 1 latch in the center of the sash. I was thinking that having a latch near each end of the sash would help seal out the air infiltration. Does anyone make an adjustable window latch that can be used to fine-tune the way the window seals? It seems like increasing the upward pressure of the upper sash could eliminate this air infiltration.

Thanks, -MikeB

Reply to
Mike Bittel