Skunk problems - YUCK!

sam booka X2 could not resist divulging personally embarrassing information in news:Xns97F76DAEADF5DAlbertaClipper@

199.185.223.74:

Temp de-lurk.

Get *fresh* hydrogen peroxide. I have used this recipie on a dog sprayed from less than one foot, full-on (I witnessed it). It most definitely works, better than anything else you can try (over the years, I have tried them all). The biggest problem is that it bleaches some dog's fur. Fine. The odor lingers at a low level due to skin absorption, and isn't nearly as bad as the stuff the peroxide neutralizes in the fur.

The sooner you apply it, the less the skin absorption.

for the trolls: don't wear gloves. Everyone else, use your judgement.

Reply to
K-Bob

relpo miraculous could not resist divulging personally embarrassing information in news: snipped-for-privacy@text.giganews.com:

It works. End of story.

Reply to
K-Bob

The peroxide I used was a brand-new bottle, bought specifically for this purpose.

Didn't do squat.

Reply to
Doug Miller

several years ago, 3 skunks got into a fight under the raised fondation of the house I was renting. (The consensus was 2 males fighthing over a female). I had to move out and I thought I was going to go out of my mind everything stank so much, -you name it clothing, bicycles, books absolutely everything I owned. The landlord poured 11 gallons of household ammonia under the house which was enough to persuade the skunks to move out, after a week of traps failed to produce results.

Then a professional cleaning company was hired and they plastic and taped the house shut and sprayed something like smoke that smelled like baby powder that was used to clean up after fires in the house. they treated it twice, that and a carpet shampoo worked miracles. I have a nose like a blood hound and the smell was essentially gone. I could not believe it.

The Natures Miracle skunk stuff helped too, but nowhere near as much as the mystery stuff.

Reply to
Sue

It was me who crossposted the OP inquiry to AHP for some informed advice. Your comment above was made to the coffeehouse only, but directed at one of the good people at AHR. I'm forwarding your comment back to AHR so the community there can see what kinds of liars and cowards we have to deal with here at the coffeehouse. Say it to the guys face next time, you rude, rude man.

Reply to
relpo miraculous

Who from AHR was rude or "stinky"? They are really nice people. Why are you so afraid of "outsiders"? Is it because you hate people who aren't just like you? Mean, violent, alcoholic and hateful? The stench is coming from the coffeehouse, and it is all emanating from the conservatives like you.

Shame on you sir...vilifying good people behind their backs like a true coward.

Reply to
relpo miraculous

No skin off my nose. He's just proving what I said at the beginning: that he's only repeating what he read somewhere, and has no first-hand knowledge.

Reply to
Doug Miller

relpo miraculous wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@text.giganews.com:

This type of crossposting is totally fine by me. I thought it was actually quite good of you to find the appropriate group for Rick's problem.

Reply to
mindseye

mindseye could not resist divulging personally embarrassing information in news:Xns97F95BB5B4E31biteme@81.174.50.80:

I think it's fine for one's own inquiries. It is *not* fine to simply pass someone's post where they did not intend to have it land. We've already seen the dark side of that too many times.

Reply to
K-Bob

"K-Bob" wrote in news:Xns97F8C4F9EFAFDKnowWhatYouKnow@216.196.97.136:

At least it was a helpful gesture, Kev.

Not here. The magic number is 3.

Reply to
mindseye

mindseye wrote in news:Xns97F9632024B0biteme@

81.174.50.80:

Btw, WTF are you doing signing up to a weeb forum???

Reply to
mindseye

mindseye could not resist divulging personally embarrassing information in news:Xns97F9637594297biteme@81.174.50.80:

Heheh, bein' a "weeb," o' course!!!

Rick invited us to stop by, but ya can't say "hi" without signin' up. Nice to see some familiar posters there. ModBod, Sorceress Sarah, some people from island continents, NTX, Jeff, you know... the usual ...uhh, "normal" insanity!

Wait..., it doesn't cost anything, right?

And back to the topic, yes, it was "being helpful." But it's kinda like draggin' the granny lady across the street without askin' first.

I'm pretty sure you noticed I didn't ask Relpo to stop doing it. I just pointed out it was occurring. I'm beyond caring about the whole Relpo- versus-the-group thing, anyway. He can do whatever he ding-dang well pleases.

Reply to
K-Bob

He has become our Kim Jong Ill. He will be blockaded and shunned by the international community.

Reply to
sam booka X2

Since it was me who started this thread, I'll chime in here. I DO NOT appreciate cross-posting, even if (and that's questionable) it's well-intended. Richie has gone from bad to complete TROLLDOM in my book.

Reply to
RickRyan.com

"RickRyan.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

I'll respect your view, Rick.

I tend to disagree and find that Richie has become more conversational, which I like. Doesn't mean I agree with everything he says, as you may have noticed.

Reply to
mindseye

If you call Animal Control in Connecticut, I've been told they will kill the animal. So be aware you may be signing its death sentence. Probably true for all wild animals that they "control". I opened my garage door 9 days ago and frightened a skunk who ran in and fell into my grease pit which was five feet deep. I could not get him/her out. Tried several kinds of home-made ramps. He burrowed into the dirt wall when I went down once to attempt rescue with a box, disappearing into the dirt completely. I did not realize he was there again until two days ago when he must have decided to try to get out but he was stuck. After feeding & watering it by lowering down dishes on the end of a hoe, last night we put down a havahart trap with a rope tied in the handle. This morning we were all relieved that he was caught. We hauled it up and let him out. In the past we transported a skunk out of the area in a trap with a tarp over it. Did not know it was illegal to do so at the time. None has ever sprayed us or our cats. These animals are harmless and not very bright but not agressive, at least if they're not rabid. They're very territorial however and even the babies will fight over a bowl of cat food. The best way is to remove the skunk miles away but this is illegal.

Reply to
windwatcher