Size of well head concrete enclosure?

When they drilled our well (6") they put an open-ended concrete cylinder around the head, about 2-2½' tall, with a circular concrete slab on top; then covered that with about 1½' of soil. Saves digging if the well needs to be repaired. The problem now is to mark the edges because we have to backhoe a trench near it.

Would anyone with pertinent experience know what the diameter of that cylinder is likely to be? Maybe there's some standard dimension that a driller would use (?) The fellow that drilled it isn't around anymore. I don't want to dig there, and probing keeps hitting rocks.

Reply to
Martin