Sink plug

I have two bathroom sinks with different brand sinks/plugs in them.

In my master bedroom bathroom I can unscrew the plug to clean out the pipe below from hair/debris.

In my second bathroom the plug refuses to be unscrewed, turning it in either direction.

Is there an easy way to get at the debris to clean it out, short of opening the pipes from below?

TIA

Ric

Reply to
RepairNovice

Under the sink, on the back side of the drain pipe, you should find a screw-on fitting where the control rod that lifts and lowers the drain plug enters. If you unscrew that fitting and pull it back, the control rod will disengage from the bottom of the drain plug. Remove the drain plug. Then put the fitting back on so your drain doesn't leak while you're de-clogging it.

Reverse that procedure to put the plug back in.

Lot easier than disassembling the drain pipes.

Step 4 of the following link shows what the control rod looks like.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Thanks very much Jerry, that should do the trick! Yes it sounds a lot easier than disassembling the drain pipes.

Ric

Reply to
photoguy