Siding

Our 25+ year vinyl siding is on it's last leg. Because of the southern expo sure, it is faded and getting brittle. We could get it resided with vinyl , but wondering what is out there in terms of newer products that we could r eplace the vinyl with and still be reasonably priced.

Thanks

Reply to
c1gmlm

We're left guessing - where on this great big planet do you live ? I'll guess northern hemisphere seems obvious - .. somewhere in the US of A ? John T.

Reply to
hubops

Aluminumsiding. Ours is over 40 years old. About 10 years ago we put a new coat of paint on it and it looks as good as the day it was installed. A bit more expensive than vinyl, but it has scrap value when you end up having to remove it -

The newer vinyl is better than the old stuff (one of the only products other than cars that is) - but it will never stand up like aluminum (unless you have kids using the aluminum as a backstop)

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Some insurance companies in some areas give a substantial discount for fire resistant siding and roofing.

Reply to
Bob

Did you use any special paint when you did you refreshed your aluminum siding?

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

posure, it is faded and getting brittle. We could get it resided with vinyl , but wondering what is out there in terms of newer products that we could replace the vinyl with and still be reasonably priced.

We live in Southern Michigan

Reply to
c1gmlm

My condolences. Back in the day, a job transfer forced me to do five years there ;-)

Reply to
Wade Garrett