Shower stall choices

I am installing a 32" square shower stall. The kit chosen has the back walls that are attached with adhesive. My plumber HIGHLY recommends not using this type of installation. He says this type of kit is likely to leak, and or have its walls buckle because of the moisture and heat

He advises to go with a kit that has the thicker plastic walls that snap together and are attached directly to the studs. (for me this would mean framing a "third" wall).

Just curious, anyone have problesm with the adhesive type walls?

Reply to
radadguy

not if it is installed correctly.

sometimes it is difficult to get these types of units into an existing bathroom. (don't fit through the door). glass blocks make a beautiful 3rd wall.

never have had a problem with these types of surrounds.

Reply to
3GCPO