Shingle/Shangle (Certainteed products)

I am about to have my roof redone. The roofer prefers CertainTeed (and from all I can research this is a fine brand) and is pushing the Horizon "shangle", but is willing to put up the Landmark dimensional shingle if I prefer. I guess the main difference is that Landmark is laminated while Horizon is solid (or something). The warranty (30 years) and specs on these are basically identical. I think we'd like the look of a "true" shingle better, but I haven't seen the Horizon product on a real roof (that I know of), and photos are next to useless.

Can anyone comment knowledgably on the true differences (function and appearance) between these two products? Thanks.

JGM

Reply to
JGM

My home is 10 years old. Two years ago I had to have it re-shingled (complete removal oa all Cartainteed Shingles). The shingles were curling and had large asphalt bubbles in them. My insurance company said that they had seen similar instances of this Certainteed Shingle failure, but since it wasn't weather related (product defect) I would have to pay for the new roof. I recommend Owens-Corning.

Reply to
CB