Shelf/Drawer Liners

I have several yards of cutoffs remaining from the floor covering job just completed in my kitchen. Would the vinyl be suitable for use as a 'liner' on my cabinet shelves and in the drawers?

Reply to
PhotoMan

I don't know how it would be if you attached the flooring to the bottom of your drawers, much as you do with a floor. I don't have knowlede in that area, but many others on this group can probably talk about that. However, I can tell you that the edges will probably begin to curl up if you plan to simply cut pieces to fit and then lay them in the drawers. I did that under my sink, and the curled or "rolled" edges don't bother me there, but it would be much less convenient n a drawer.

MaryL

Reply to
MaryL

On Sat 05 Mar 2005 10:50:47p, MaryL wrote in alt.home.repair:

I did this in another house and used double-faced flooring tape around the perimeter of the piece as well as a few strips in the middle. No curl and no movement.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

I only used vinyl on the sink base cabinet (bathrooms and kitchen) on my rentals to prevent water intrusion into the wood and subfloor. Most tenants don't tell me or don't know if there is a leak under the sink until it overflows into the kitchen or bathroom floors.

Reply to
Kim

This is what is called 'loose lay', and will not curl without being glued down.

Reply to
PhotoMan