Sewer inspection camera--------Chinese supplier

Wanna to find a good sewer camera with affordable price? Sometimes it is very difficult to choose the brand. We can get US$1000 camera from the web and we can get US$10,000 camera from the web.But we can't tell their quality.

There are some advice to choose the right sewer camera.

1.Be very familiar with the pipes or holes you need to inspect. You need to know their diameters and length,whether they are vertical or ho rizontal. Knowing the municipal sewer network system will also help you to choose the right and multiple-function plumbing camera for different diameter pipelin es.

2.Be aware of the general environment down in the pipes. Whether you need to purchase a expensive crawler inspection camera depends on the shape of the pipes and water,sludge inside.

3.The light source is very important. Make sure the lights on the camera head are bright enough and can be contro lled.

4.Pan/tilt camera head. A rotary camera head may not be necessary for all house sewer inspections.B ut if you want to get detail condition of the pipe system,you'd better make sure you have a good camera head.

5.Keep in touch with the supplier The camera suppliers may not know much about plumbing or heating service,ev en though they are trying very hard to pretending they know everything you concern. But they know more about how to make the most of the camera functions and h ow to make sure your sewer camera gets right maintenance. Ibak's robot crawler inspection camera can't survive 2 months of inspection work in China.That doesn't mean the camera is not good.It means we don't k now much about how to use it and how to take care of it,and the most import ant factor is the difference of the environment down in the sewer pipes. In Western countries,the sewer pipes are much cleaner but they have very se rious problems with tree roots.In China,the sewer pipes are always dirty an d filled with sludge,living garbage.So we need different types of crawler c ameras.

6.If you source from China,make sure you buy from original maker. Or you will have problem with the repairing and other after sale service. I don't mean you can't get your camera fixed.But it will take you much long er time,which may lead to failure of finishing your inspection tasks with m unicipal sewer pipes. Written by Tony Adams from Schroder co ,ltd Our crawler inspection camera:

Adams Tony

[...]

Or, you could just call a plumber with one and forget all that other bullshit. LOL

Reply to
Col. Edmund Burke

I wanted a peek in the line in my house and I just used one of those USB connected "bore scopes" from Meritline (~$30) I taped it to a piece of 5/16" steel cable to control it and it worked fine. That thing in the Alibaba ad was not going down a 4" drain line anyway. That is for the municipal trunks you could walk through

Reply to
gfretwell

Can you give a link? I'm looking for a bore scope I can use on gun barrels... they can get up to ~$300 for a basic kit - various lenses cost another chunk of change.

Thanks.

Reply to
Oren

They call this a bore scope but only if you have a shotgun or a 50 cal It is about 12mm.

Reply to
gfretwell