Set-points on a programmable thermostat

What does a "Cool" set-point of 90 degrees mean? What does a "Heat" set-point of 82 degrees mean?

Reply to
gary

I have not heard that specific term, but I suspect it his the cooling or heating temperature it is going to maintain. A little warm for my comfort preference.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

That's probably the temperature at which the thermostat takes action.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I wonder if this could be the "Over limit" of the thermostat? I recently encountered the over limit setting on my thermostat when I came back from vacation and the inside temperature was over 92 degrees. The thermostat worked, but would not display the current inside temperature or setting correctly until the temperature went below 90 degrees.

Reply to
Ken

Hi, Only thing I know about setting cool or heat temp is one set by consumer(home owner) as desired cool down to say 74 deg. and heat up to

68 deg., etc. whatever you wish as long as they are 6 deg apart.

Next one is in the installer setting menu which will set max allowed heat temp, like 80 deg. and max allowed cool temp. like 60 deg. To prevent system run away kinda thing(?).

Another setting is emergency default setting which is factory set to prevent freezing when thermostat battery power is lost.(Our Honeywell YTH6320R has this feature w/return duct air temp, sensor)

All info is in the operations/installation manual.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I've got a programmable one with 4 auto programs per day. I've set it up years ago and have never touched it since. It has a battery backup but I've written down the settings just in case I lose them. When I had the house built and it was almost completed, someone (I think a worker) stole the programmable thermostats so they replaced them. I guess these things are in demand or have value.

Reply to
Doug