sensor on miller furnace

I'm wondering where the sensor would be on a Miller Furnace. First of all, I should at least say what the problem is... The furnace works great except that after the heat cycle shuts off, the furnace will come back on for a cool down period. I figure this normal as it's always done this. Sometimes though it will start, run for a few seconds, then shut off. It does this a few times, which can't be good. Someone mentioned the sensor might be dirty, but I have no idea what sensor that they were talking about. Did not get any further info.. Can anyone help me out? I don't know if this could be dangerous.

Reply to
chigee07

Get on the phone and call a professional. Ask your neighbor for a person they use for service.

Even I know, some of my limits:)

Reply to
Oren

Your system description is way too incomplete for any meaningful advice. Try adding a fair number of details and you may get some useable advice. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

He gave detail: "I don't know if this could be dangerous."

Reply to
Oren

Reply to
hvacrmedic

I don't know if this could be

When in doubt, don't. You're furnace can kill you, either directly or indirectly. Let a professional do the diagnosing while you're still alive.

Reply to
hvacrmedic

In cases like this its too much heat.I am not familiar too much with miller furnaces,but fan switches are usually manual on older units.Its a dial in a rectangular mounted box with a probe to go into the heated plentum so to speak.It has degrees on it with a pointer showing you what temp its set on.Just turn it up alittle maybe 5-10 degrees.Thats wht turns on your fan so don't go too extreme5-10.If that doesn't work check your duct work for dampers in the take-offs(the connections off the main trunk line).Also dirty filters will not let air cerculate properly so keep an eye out for any restrictions in your return air duct.Hope this fixes ya. Country

Reply to
Country