Senate votes to delay DTV

Jim Yanik wrote: ...

Well, not according to the maps in the areas I've looked at -- most are actually slightly larger expected coverage areas although there are some that are more directional and do show lobe effects in the DTV map not present for the same transmitter in analog.

As for adding translators and upping fringe coverage, I have serious doubts any significant numbers of stations will be doing that--the numbers will just be too small to make enough difference to the revenue to justify the cost I expect.

--

Reply to
dpb

yeah and more likely the net stations would prefer you watch on satellite or cable, both of which pay the $ to rebroadcast their station to you...........

futher adverisers probably conclude the OTA ONLY viewers have little money to buy their goods.

lastly DVRs digital video recorders that can skip past commewrcials are changing dramatically the income of the stations

Reply to
hallerb