Seeking wider than usual free-standing laundry tub

Greetings all!

In my basement, next to my washer and dryer, I have one of those standard, cheap plastic free-standing laundry tubs hooked up to a faucet. It is something like 23 inches square. I have recently detached and taken everything out of my basement (washer, dryer, laundry tub, toilet, etc.) to do some renovation work down there, and rather than reinstalling the 23" square tub, I'd rather replace it with a wider tub...perhaps something like 23 inches deep, but more like 32 or so inches wide (this, amongst other purposes, would allow me to bathe my dog with less aqua mayhem).

Plastic is fine with me, but if I had to buy a more expensive stainless steel version in order to get the size I want, that would be acceptable. I thought this would be an easy product to find online, but I seem to have failed thus far to find it. Can anyone direct me to any sites where I might find a free-standing laundry tub that is in the vicinity of 32" inches wide or larger?

Thanks!

Chuck

Reply to
Dolchas

Do a search for restaurant fixtures. Also check plumbing supply houses for concrete or cast iron utility sinks.

those

up to a

recently

dryer,

there, and

replace it

but more

would allow

expensive

that would be

find online,

direct me

tub that is in

Reply to
Frank K.

The previous owner of my house installed a double tub, and then cut out most of the divider separating the two halves. This won't work on sinks that are molded as two separate tubs joined only at the top, but it might be another option for you. It works very well for doggie bath time.

HTH,

Paul

Reply to
Paul Franklin

Just put in a bath tub raised off the ground for your height. A basic tubis less than $200.00

It is 54 x 30 only 15" deep but for a dog it would be fineyou could even plumb the shower head and put a hose on it so you could wash and rinse the dog easily.

Wayne

Reply to
wayne