Securing Underlay

I need to secure 1/4 inch underlay to my subfloor in my small basement bathroom.

The subfloor is 5/8 OSB tapconned through 1/4 inch (vacuum formed plastic vapor barrier/support).

Anyways, I can only find 1 1/4 ringed underlay nails. They hit the concrete.

Could I use 1 inch brad staples instead?

Any other suggestions?

Reply to
Hogwild

I suppose you could use the staples but not sure. You might add a bit of insurance in the form of construction adhesive as well. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

According to James \\"Cubby\\" Culbertson :

The pros doing our installation used a narrow crown (18ga I think) stapler over the 5/8" plywood subfloor. The staples were probably 1".

They drove a _lot_ of staples. < 8" spacing overall. Nothing whatsoever is moving.

If you really want to, construction adhesive will remove any doubts.

[I put in a bit around a spot where the T&G appeared a bit iffy]
Reply to
Chris Lewis