"Sanitary Sewer" Now that's an oxymoron.

"Sanitary Sewer" Now that's an oxymoron.

I always wondered how they came to be called "Sanitary"? A "Storm Sewer" is more sanitary than a "Sanitary Sewer".

Reply to
Bud

Sewers are more sanitary than the previous technology, which was to let the effluent run through open gutters alongside the streets.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelicapaganelli

And then there is the Chicago Shit and Sanitary Canal...

Reply to
rbowman

Yup, they still have that in many parts of Mexico, even in some large cities like Juarez. Been there, smelled that...

Reply to
Wade Garrett

When did sanitary landfills go away?

Reply to
WWS TEXAS

What do you expect, Mexicans are not civilized.

And whatever you do, DONT DRINK THE WATER!!!

I noticed that Walmart sells soda pop made in Mexico. They have some unique flavors that I thought about trying, until I realized they are made from Mexico's tainted water. NO THANKS!!!!

When I was camping, a guy reached in his cooler and handed me some Mexican made beer. He said "It's the best beer on earth". I asked him if he had any other brands. He gave me a Bud Light. I dont particularly like "light" beers, but at least I knew I was not going to get massive diarreah and feel sick for the next month.

Reply to
Bud

The water for soda and beer is purified. Millions have been drinking it with no problems.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Having taken courses in German, I wondered what they might call them and googled up: Abwasserkanal und Regenwasserkanal

Backward translation to English says: Sewer and rainwater channel. Abwasser itself just means sewage. Kanal is sewer.

I guess this clarifies things ;)

Reply to
Frank