Sanding rounded parts

I'm refinishing an old-style TV cabinet.

I've stripped off the original polyurethane and stain from the cabinet.

What's the best way to remove the stain from the inside corners and from the round moldings around the base and on the front which also has rounded spindles?

Reply to
gary

either a soft wire brush(brass) or a toothbrush with it dipped in stripper

Reply to
ChairMan

round moldings around the base and on the front which also has rounded spindles?

I use steel wool, usually about medium, to scrub off the final application of stripper, and then again with a final wash of mineral spirits (depends on type of stripper being used. Unwind a pad of steel wool, and (depending on size of spindles) separate it into "ribbons". Then just pull the ribbon of s.w. back and forth around the spindle. If it has fine ridges, use tooth pick, tooth brush, wood skewer, or whatever to get out the final grunge. I don't use metal tools with strippers because the stripper softens the wood and don't want to make dents.

When I have to hold onto the s.w. to scrub by hand, I use a sandwich bag as a glove. Latex gloves break down pretty fast with m.s.

Reply to
Norminn

m the round moldings around the base and on the front which also has rounde d spindles?

Old newspaper bags work pretty well also as gloves.

Reply to
hrhofmann

the round moldings around the base and on the front which also has rounded spindles?

Shave hook.

va=shave+hook

Reply to
harry