Sand Wood Flooring

Can any recommend a good sander to sand my wood interior steps? Or should I just try and use a edger (which is alot bigger).

What about Drum Vs. Orb when doing the entire floor itself? Ive been reading and every website uses one or the other.. The Orb appears to be slower, but safer for a DIYer.

Thanks

-d

Reply to
dmlegare

How many, what size, what type of flooring, new installation, refinish,...??? For just short run, I've done well w/ 3x24 hand belt sander. It would be slow for a grand staircase, however.

I'd agree unless you're a fairly experienced DIY'er. W/ either, however, start off w/ lesser grit initially and practice in an inconspicuous area to get the hang of it first, go to it "in anger"... :)

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Having used both a drum and an orbital, I found the latter to be very frustrating as the dust built up on the pad very quickly to the point that it no longer had any bite. This is maybe less of a concern if you're refinishing floors and don't need to take much thickness off, but if you need to level old boards, I think you'd run into the same problem.

I expect to favour the drum unit for future work. Though, Dang, it's a lot heaver to lug up the stairs. I haven't done stairs yet.

Chip C Toronto

Reply to
Chip C