Sand in deck paint for non-skid surface?

Nice of you to reply to a five year old post.

Reply to
philo

What do you expect from a Google groupie?

Reply to
krw

who cares if it is 5 years old? people still have this problem. Did you thi nk it was now for some reason irrelevant? I am glad someone is still postin g replies. we of course don't know whether the original poster had any good results though.... i would like to see what people's results were.

Reply to
cobainzlady

People still have all sorts of problems. Why not bring up every single post from years gone by and reply to it?

OK, replying to every past post would be silly. Let's just go back grab every post from 5 years ago today and reply to them because people may still have those same problems. Tomorrow we'll go back 5 years and do it again. Every day we'll reply to all posts from 5 years ago that day.

That should keep this ng relevant.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I don't see the big deal. Old posts have been popping up on newsgroups in the past few months for some reason. Personally, I look at the subject, but I don't look at the date for every post. If someone replies, what harm is done? Is it worth taking the time to bitch about it? Call someone out on it? If you answer "yes", it is probably time to re-evaluate your own life.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I bought some from Sherwin Williams, but it wasn't fine enough. I use anti-skid compound, sold in chandleries, with excellent results. It consists of tiny glass beads and you don't need a lot. You don't notice it after applying it, but it prevents slipping quite well.

Reply to
Notat Home

How do you clean the deck that has been painted with the non-skid paint? I tried using my swifter and it just rips the cloth.

Reply to
april.images

garden hose......

Reply to
bob haller

Yes, spray it with a cleaner first. Brushing can help too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Get a stick and stir the sand in the paint~ apply ~ done !

Reply to
lawntroll65

I know this is an old post but anyone try walnut shell as one person sugges ted? I have some for bullet case tumbling and it seems like it would work well, not too rough but super hard, I am sure it could come in different gr its. Mine can't be used, it is polish impregnated.

Reply to
alaskanalain

I know this is an old post but anyone try walnut shell as one person suggested? I have some for bullet case tumbling and it seems like it would work well, not too rough but super hard, I am sure it could come in different grits. Mine can't be used, it is polish impregnated.

The sand for paint is fine, and even then it makes snow shoveling difficult. If you don't have snow you don't need it. If you do have snow it's a hassle. I wouldn't use anything except in special cases - like maybe an elderly person at high risk.

Reply to
Mayayana

what an inane comment. there is a thing called accumulated knowledge. we benefit from t he experiences of others. if it is all just deleted,then people can't benefit, and then it has to be done all over again. that is an idiot's game. In this case, the experiences are very relevant to today. Stop dissing people who are looking for answers and finding them via others' experience. It makes you look bad, clueless and sociopathic.. Since you have no valid reason to be complaining about answers that are still useful and used by many, today.

Reply to
msX