Sale of lead screw anchors in California.

Jim Jones and his followers committed suicide. Not suicide bombings or suicide airplane rides, nor did they kill anyone that was their imagined enemy. Likewise the Heaven's Gate cult. They just lay down and died.

Rational crazy people don't bother others.

Reply to
HeyBub

Oh, you have a right to do so. And if you do, the difference between you and Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf (of New York Mosque fame) is one only of degree.

Reply to
HeyBub

He's a better man than you or your father.

Reply to
JohnnyD

Every religion has its kooks as do those without any religion. The problem isn't religion, its people. People are the reason that religion is either a instrument of good or evil and virtually every religion or non-religion has had more than its share of both. Right now, the Muslim religion appears to be the most radical and growing in use by radical elements to empower and enslave its believers. That will not last long (in a historical view) and its believers will eventually realize that it is not in their best interests and it will moderate.

Reply to
BobR

If, in your opinion, my brush is too broad why aren't the majority of the muslims loudly denouncing the actions of the "slim majority?"

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

How's the Easter Bunny? Seen him lately? How about Spiderman?

Religion is a manifestation of mental illness. You are Exhibit A.

Reply to
JohnnyD

For the same reason that Christians haven't done anything about their Pedophile Priests, except allow them to operated tax free.

Reply to
JohnnyD

Tell that to the families of Congressman Leo Ryan, Bob Brown, Greg Robinson, Don Harris, and Patricia Parks.

Doug Miller

On 9/8/2010 2:20 PM HeyBub spake thus:

What?!?!? Ever hear of someone named Leo Ryan?

Your knowledge of history is as piss-poor as your "tip of the spear" world view.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

I happened to have one of the last photographs of California Congressman Ryan taken before he was murdered. It ran in a number of major publications that were looking for recent photos of him. He was at the opening of a new I. Magnin store at White Flint, MD where I had been hired to do the PR photography. This was I. Magnin's, a California chain, first store in the DC area. He was a very likeable, engaging sort of guy.

He went down to Guyana at the request of one of his constituents (another photographer who worked for UPI, I think) to investigate the abuse of children by the members of Jones's cult. Some divorced cult members had snatched their children away from the custodial parents and taken them to Jones's jungle camp. Ryan should have brought a detachment of Marines but I don't think anyone expected the kind of reaction their visit provoked or how far Jones's mind had deteriorated. As I recall, they were just shot down in cold blood as they were trying to escort some cult members to the airstrip who wanted to go back to the States. )-: He truly died in the line of duty.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Better question is why aren't ANY of the muslims loudly denouncing the actions of the "slim majority?". One nut case in Florida threatens to burn a Koran and the whole world denounces it but let the muslim nuts declare a holy war on all the religions of the world and nobody says a thing.

Reply to
BobR

And you are Exhibit B for you are just as religious as I could ever be. You are just too stupid to realize what your religion is.

Reply to
BobR

"Rational crazy people", I like that term, can I borrow it? 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 19:44:02 -0700 (PDT), BobR wrote Re Re: Sale of lead screw anchors in California.:

Which is one of the reasons the Muslims are kicking our ass. Everyone is afraid of them.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

More evidence of your delusions.

Reply to
JohnnyD

Andy comments:

that's probably why the Blackfoot Indian tribe is nearly extinct......

:>))) Andy in Eureka, Texas

Reply to
Andy

e quoted text -

And more evidence of your denials or is it simply ignorance?

Reply to
BobR

Based on the reaction to this nutcase in Florida, I would have to agree which would indicate that we have indeed lost the war on terrorism.

Reply to
BobR

quoted text -

Go take it up with the tooth fairy.

I'm not in denial. I know that when you die you are dead.

Reply to
JohnnyD

Unless you have died and come back, then you THINK when you die you are dead. Not believing in God is every bit as much of a leap of faith as believing. Probably more so. If you believe and you are wrong, then you are dead and nothing happens. You might have a nanosecond or two of feeling a little foolish, but nothing all that bad. If don't and you are wrong, that eternity in Hell thing would be a bummer. You have much more to lose by not believing and being wrong. I admire your guts.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman