Safety First - Call a Professional

No prob -- here it is again:

(prompted by the Supreme Court ruling in Kelo vs. New London)

That's a keeper. Thanks.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Really? Got any links to stories about people who gave advice here in the newsgroups and got sued by the taker of the advice?

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

---------- O F F I C I A L L E G A L N O T I C E -----------

Dear Mr. Michael Bulatovich

The advice you have just given is faulty. So far no one has been sued for providing faulty advice on this newsgroup. However, since you have lied to us about this matter, I have no choice but to sue you for providing faulty, misleading and dishonest information on a public forum. Therefore, I am charging you under the US Federal penal code item #204-990-5213.01. You will be served your legal lawsuit paperwork within the next week, to be hand delivered by your local police department. I suggest you contact your attorney immediately because this is going to be an ugly battle and I ALWAYS win every case. If you so choose, you can pay the sum of $50,000,000.00 in US currency, and I will drop this case. This information, including the address of my office, to which you must send you payment, will be noted on this legal document.

Sincerely,

Atty. Jeffery D. Formann Federal Attorney at Law, U.S. Courts

--------------- E N D O F N O T I C E ------------

Reply to
Atty.Jeffery.D.Formann

Are you Nigerian?

Reply to
John Reddy

Reread my post. I never said it happened here, or that I had links. I said that there is exposure to liability. If you're really interested though you can contact my insurer to confirm the threat. (ProDemnity Insurance Company, Toronto)

The pro's are generally going to be careful in what they say because professional practice has a way of weeding out the careless. Once in a while everyone slips up, and there are differences in law from one jurisdiction to another, but only "fools rush in".

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Ya won't get me, copper!

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Hmmm, can we counter sue you for impersonating a lawyer?

Shall we both say "penalty declined"?

Reply to
Glenn

Certinally no one wants a injury or even death from poor or bad advice here.!!!!

But no one comes into life knowing how to wire a outlet, heck we arrive in diapers:(

Years ago replacing a outlet was a challenge, now I could wire a home.

buy some books like wiring simplified, study it well, work with a knowledgable friend and avoid getting in over your head. Ideally do jobs you ENJOY or at least pay the pros for ones you hate.

work smart work safely and learn new skills:)

local community colleges often have classes on home rep[airs or volunteer for habitat for humanity

I PAY for car repairs cause I hate it, while I fix office machines for a living.

Reply to
hallerb

Ah, just a spammer?

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Yeah, right. I'm selling insurance. Think I'll buy a bigger house. ; )

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich