Rubbing Alcohol

TP seems to slowly be coming back. Paper towels are in now in abundance. But not Rubbing Alcohol.

You guys see Rubbing Alcohol coming back?

-T

Still have the same bottle in the medicine cabinet I bought about 18 months ago. Same level, has not come back at all.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yep, once the hand sanitiser that is using it now isnt being used as much as it is now.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Obvious lie. A massive shortage of viable brain cells in fools like you.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Rubbing alcohol disappeared from the store shelves around early March and I've not seen it since.

There's always E85 if we can figure out how to get the gasoline out of it.

Reply to
Gates Tattoo

I don't look for it every time I shop, but it was there a few weeks ago when I looked.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

No problem. Take about a gallon of the gas, pour in a cup of water. In around 5 minutes the water and ethanol will seperate out into a layer and the gas in another. Then drain the water/ethanol out thhe bottom.

You now have ethanol free gas for the small engines and ethanol for the virus.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I shop at Costco, therefore, everything is bulk or doubled up. My last purchase of RA is still holding up with my 2nd bottle still waiting to be opened. Thus, I haven't paid attention to the supply in the stores.

Reply to
Hawk

I finally remembered "Willie'a Place", a place that sells E85.

Reply to
Jim E

I haven't looked lately but it was definitely out. In the winter I put rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle to de-ice the car windows. Saves a lot of scraping.

Reply to
rbowman

Local pharmacy has it behind the counter - just ask

Reply to
Clare Snyder

But the ethanol is too dilute to do any good - and rubbing alcohol generally is NOT ethanol -it's that foul smelling isopropyl crap.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Nice hack. I'll have to remember if that time arises outside of my garage.

Reply to
Hawk

Just don't do it on your convertible back window. It will fog it.

Reply to
gfretwell

I assumed it isn't good for plastic material. I don't use chemicals on plastic such as the shield on my motorcycle. I always used regular water. Hot water to loosen the bugs. Will stick with glass only for the alcohol.

Reply to
Hawk