Rubbing Alcohol

TP seems to slowly be coming back. Paper towels are in now in abundance. But not Rubbing Alcohol.
You guys see Rubbing Alcohol coming back?
-T

On 5/24/2020 9:11 PM, T wrote:

Still have the same bottle in the medicine cabinet I bought about 18 months ago. Same level, has not come back at all.
On 5/24/20 9:11 PM, T wrote:

Rubbing alcohol disappeared from the store shelves around early March and I've not seen it since.
There's always E85 if we can figure out how to get the gasoline out of it.
snipped-for-privacy@mandatory-vaccinnne.com says...

No problem. Take about a gallon of the gas, pour in a cup of water. In around 5 minutes the water and ethanol will seperate out into a layer and the gas in another. Then drain the water/ethanol out thhe bottom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onCG7mIprfE

You now have ethanol free gas for the small engines and ethanol for the virus.
On Mon, 25 May 2020 10:41:52 -0400, Ralph Mowery

But the ethanol is too dilute to do any good - and rubbing alcohol generally is NOT ethanol -it's that foul smelling isopropyl crap.
On 5/25/20 5:17 AM, Gates Tattoo wrote:

I finally remembered "Willie'a Place", a place that sells E85.
--
"God seems to have left the receiver off the hook and time is running
out." [Arthur Koestler]
On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 9:11:37 PM UTC-4, T wrote:

I don't look for it every time I shop, but it was there a few weeks ago when I looked.
Cindy Hamilton
On Mon, 25 May 2020 04:16:25 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

Local pharmacy has it behind the counter - just ask
On 5/24/2020 9:11 PM, T wrote:

I shop at Costco, therefore, everything is bulk or doubled up. My last purchase of RA is still holding up with my 2nd bottle still waiting to be opened. Thus, I haven't paid attention to the supply in the stores.
On 05/25/2020 08:58 AM, Hawk wrote:

I haven't looked lately but it was definitely out. In the winter I put rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle to de-ice the car windows. Saves a lot of scraping.
On 5/25/2020 1:45 PM, rbowman wrote:

Nice hack. I'll have to remember if that time arises outside of my garage.

Just don't do it on your convertible back window. It will fog it.

I assumed it isn't good for plastic material. I don't use chemicals on plastic such as the shield on my motorcycle. I always used regular water. Hot water to loosen the bugs. Will stick with glass only for the alcohol.