Rubbermaid 3713 shed

This shed can blow over. If it does, Rubbermaid will not help you. They do not warranty the shed READ THE FINE PRINT. Mine is damaged, the gable pieces cost $47 each to replace. Any ideas to help put it back together less expensively?

Reply to
egfrantz

????

Reply to
olddog

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote in news:b3f92694-74dd-46e7-b157-14db62a07a24 @s20g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

With the "detailed" info you gave, I'd say duct tape and tie wraps.

Reply to
Red Green

Chewing gum and Elmers glue Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

You should have read the installation instructions which are quite explicit that the shed needs to be securely anchored or it will blow over.

RicodJour

Hmm. The "Assembly Instructions" reads:

Reply to
HeyBub

18 wheelers blow over. Houses blow over. A cheap shed is supposed to blow over.
Reply to
olddog

That is very interesting. I put up the larger Big Max a couple of years ago and the printed instructions mentioned anchoring the shed to keep it from blowing over. Obviously a narrower, smaller shed of the same height and depth will have an even greater propensity for blowing over. I wonder why they would omit that...unless it's only in the printed instructions. Doesn't make sense either way.

Tying any shed down makes sense if you're in areas subject to high winds. There are only two ways to learn this. The OP learned it the hard way.

RicodJour