Rplacement of Glass in Garage Door

I have been helping my neighbor replace a broken pane of glass in their garage door. All the other doors I have done this to have had a removable frame on the inside of the door, attached with screws, so replacement is straightforward.

However, their door's window frames don't have a screwed-in frame. It looks like the frame itself is a one piece extrusion and I can't figure out for the life of me how to put in the new glass.

I looked for the manufacturer and all I could find was a small sticker that had ADM on it - no address or anything. Google and other searches did not turn up any company website.

Any ideas on how to insert the glass? Anyone heard of ADM or know how to contact them?

Thanks - Jim

Reply to
mtnman1

Sometimes to have top remove some trim to install the glass. Another method uses small metal glazing points and glazing compound to hold the glass.

Reply to
Phisherman

Jim I am not sure but itcould be a safeway door. You have to seperate the frame, but then the frame is no longer good. I have replaced a few in my days, but a pane (HA-HA) to do. If I can help any other way let me know. Best Regards Anthony

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

g.a.miller

Archer Daniels Midland. Is the door made of recycled wheat straw, soybeans or corn ?

Reply to
Rudy