Ok I could do with a few code-enforcement tips here: I need a separate
circuit for my new furnace (just the blower - 3/4 amp).
I'll install 12 gauge / 20amp circuit. Here's the path:
1. In-wall flush mounded breaker box, in wood/sheetrock garage wall.
2. Come out of wall just above box through a hole, and staple to wall
next to existing plastic conduit path. Go 15 feet, head down and go
through wall directly into basement near ceiling.
3. Go along side of a floor joist around 20 feet. Staple to joist.
4. 90 degrees turn and run perpendicular to joists. Will not drill
through joists, will run cable between two large venting ducts, where I
can see other cables running also. Staple to joists.
5. Come down into furnace, hard-wire into box on furnace. Not sure how
it should hang or path down.
Thanks for any tips on what kind of things to note. I assume regular NM
12-gauge 3 core wire is good?