Roofing Question

ote:

try

chargerrtex

I talked to the technical representative from GAF today. She said that spraying the roof would not affect the warranty. She also said that it should not be necessary. The copper oxide granules in the shingles should protect it for 10 years. I have decided to wait and if I have a problem down the line, I will call the man and have it sprayed then. Thanks again for all the help.

Reply to
Dottie

Try

www.therooftech.com

Try

Why not actually answer some of the questions here? This is just a chicken shit way of getting people to you web sit. Trying to sell something? We all contribute tot he group, not just entice people away like some stranger in the park.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

My father in laws home was under oak trees in FL and once a year he sprayed his roof with a copper sulfate solution. He uses one of those hose end sprayers and stands on a piece of scaffolding layed across his pickup bed. While he was at it he sprayed tree trunks to keep moss and fungus from growing on them also. CuSO4 is pretty cheap. He never worried too much about getting it on evenly. He said the spots he missed this year he would get next year.

Ive heard using copper roofing nails will stop mold too but dont know if that works or not.

Jimmie

Reply to
Jimmie D

Get in touch with a good roofer and ask him to install a copper strip across the peak of the roof on both sides of the roof and when it rains the copper will react and stop mildew, it works, good luck henry penta, i seen this on the, this old house progran.

That what my father in law used to have on his house. When he got a new roof they didnt put one back up saying he didnt need it with the new shingles. Well he didnt for about 4 or

5 years, then he started to spray the roof with copper sulfate. He more or less covered the whole roof with it but Ive heard yu can just spray it up on the ridge.

Jimmie

Reply to
Jimmie D

"Jimmie D" wrote in news:4800d242$0$25948$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

A lot less expensive will be zinc strips. They sell them specifically made for this. Half nailed under a shingle lip and half exposed.

There are other versions but it's zinc.

If you ever noticed a soiled dark roof that has metal vent stacks. From the stack down it's not dark. Stack is galvanized. Galvanizing contains zinc.

Reply to
Red Green

A zinc strip placed along the ridge will also inhibit mold formation. I'd be worried about the longevity of the Timberline mildewcide.

Boden

Reply to
Boden