Roof Vents

I'm in the process of getting estimates for a new roof. 1250 sq foot ranch,

3 box vents already in place near the peak, and 1 vent in the side walls on either end of the peak. No soffet vents. I've been in the attic when it was close to 90 degrees outside and been surprised to find that it wasn't an oven up there. The house is comfortable in that weather even without the AC running. When it does run, it's not much.

And, best of all, when there's a blanket of snow on the roof, there are no hot spots where I see more melting than in other spots, no ice dams.

I'm sure the various roofing people are going to suggest a vent along the peak. Since everything's working nicely as is, is there any good reason to consider the extra expense?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

While I tend to believe it is difficult to have too much venting, I suggest leaving it alone UNLESS: the existing vents fail to meet the local standards for venting.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan