rewiring permit snag - abandoned wires

He really do that? Wow. Probably sent it with too little postage, too.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Topic piracy is at work.

Reply to
Roy

"I don't believe it. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it."

Reply to
Clot

I'd forgotten all about that. It really didn't make much mileage in the press here.

It was specifically a loan for Bush's term of office and therefore it's return was not seen as a snub.

Reply to
Clot

Or if you are someone who does work correctly and does not need government intervention.

Reply to
Steve Barker

re: "Years ago, our home's garage floor was 36" below the house floor level, while the ceilings were the same."

The ceilings were also 36" below the house floor level?

You'd have to be *really* short to walk around in that space.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

A house I looked at before we bought this one 28 years ago had the entire basement wired with old iron telephone wire (external parallel twin lead)

Reply to
clare

I could be promoted to senior Shouting Officer!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You are Victor Meldrew! I claim my £5.

(Might just sink as it tries to get across The Pond.)

Reply to
Clot

I forget about this also. I "thought" this was a gift? So when sent back, it was taken as a "snub" ...

How is Margaret doing?

Reply to
Oren

Bother! I've been outed. Next thing, you'll say that my other head is Zaphod Beeblebrox!

I think this is a really kewl space ship. I think I'll steal it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It really didn't hit the headlines here at the time. As it was a loner for Bush's period, the return was not considered a snub.

I haven't a clue. She has kept off the stage and left it to successors.

Reply to
Clot

You've got me now, I can't recall whether that was Zephod or Ford Prefect. I think it was the latter entering a Vogon ship - otherwise - 42!

I say old chap, it was cool in those days not this dreadful new word that the yuffs of today use! :)

Reply to
Clot

Doh! Loaner.

Reply to
Clot

Hmm, my brain's saying it was Zaphod and Disaster Area's ship... but it's been years since I read the book...

Reply to
Jules Richardson

True, the world was much better. My memory says it was Zaphod, the two headed world leader who pulled out a freeze gun, zapped the crowd, and took off with the space ship.

I'm in total agreement with the answer 42. But of course, it leaves open. What was the question, anyway? Life, the universe and everything, but what of that?

And who ran through the maze, and stole my cheese?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And doesn't care if your insurance is any good?

Reply to
Bob F

Don't know (or particularly care) what NEC says, but in the real world, abandoning failed or non-trusted runs in place is done all the time. Clip them off square on both ends as far from the boxes as you can reach, and don't worry about it. You do, of course, have to make sure there aren't any boxes in the middle of the apparent run, and if there are, cut them off there as well.

Reply to
aemeijers

my insurance is fine. I brought this exact point up with my agent, he says it makes no difference. There's no pre-insurance inspection, so there's no way they would know who or when it was wired. duh.

Reply to
Steve Barker

What do you get when you multiply six by nine.

Reply to
Sam E