Reusing computer A/C cords?

It wasn't until I found a picture on the net that I realized how you were tying the cords. Most of the hits I found looked like this:

I think what you're talking about is here:

Takes up a little bit more cord but it does relieve the sideways strain that the 9gm6F image shows. Thanks for the info, Scott.

There's still going to be some strain on the cord because the two cords that enter the knot in parallel will eventually end up going in the opposite direction. That's far better than the often-used overhand knot that often puts extreme side-wise strain that almost always yanks the individual conductors out of the jacket.

FWIW, I'd still opt for the barrel-shaped connectors that have adjustable strain relief, protection from run-over damage and that present an easier to move around profile. I would imagine that the half-hitch can snag pretty easily on stumps and shrubs.

Reply to
Robert Green

The correct procedure is to route and tape the wires this way:

(-:

Reply to
Robert Green