Retro fit windows

I gave on on overpriced HD and Lowes and indept installation "sales pros" and playing $$ games, and then not showing up to measure and get started...

So ill give it a diy try. Settled on milgard for now. How does this fellers tips look?...

Larry Mamacita

Which tips are you referring too?

His four part series is about 1.5 hours long. Are you asking us to review his entire process from start to finish or do you have specific questions to help you get started?

He also installed windows with fins on stucco siding. Essentially new construction windows. Is that what you are doing or are you using replacement windows that slip into the existing opening with no expectation of exterior trim work?

I replaced all of my own windows, 15 in all. Sliders, double hung and fixed panel. No fins. Replacement windows. However, once I removed the existing triple track storms, I ended up having to do a lot of exterior trim work to hide the exposed wood. I don't even want to think about what it would have cost me to have a contractor do what I did to make it look perfect.

If you could be a little more specific than "How does this fellers tips look" we can be more specific in our answers.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

If you don't get the water proofing right, you'll be replacing walls in 10 years.

Reply to
Larry