Retro attic vent, T shingles

Hi,

I have two layers of interlocking T shingles on the roof. Looking to replace two existing vents with larger ones, and add two additional vents. Wondering if anyone here has done such a job before and what they would recommend.

I would like to add vents to the gables, but the pitch on my roof is so low that I would have to cut rafter studs to get a decent sized vent in there, if even possible after that. Just doesn't seem like it would work well. I just put in a whole house fan. Very nice, but I'm thinking the 1.5 ft^2 of vent I have up there now is less than adequate for a 24" belt drive fan. I'd like 4 x 1 ft^2 vents.

Thanks,

- Nate

Reply to
Nate B

Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

"Tom"

We live at the foot of the mountains, so the house routinely endures 60+ mph winds. Everyone in town has the interlocking shingles. For that reason, I'm a little nervous about the ridge vent idea. Will this thing rip right off and/or protect from rain blowing almost sideways?

Thanks

- Nate

Reply to
Nate B