Reroof, moss?

Sorry, I posted this to the wrong group so here is a repost. I need to re-roof a couple of sheds. They have heavy moss on the north side. Can I just scrape off the moss and lay new shingles or does something more need to be done? Single layer, no tear-off.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Personally I would do a tear off. Get that trash out of there to allow for a better, longer lasting job.

Other than that, I suggest a power washer. You may want to spay it with bleach a day or two before to kill it off and then after the power wash as well to kill off anything left.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Remove the old shingles. Install moss-resistant shingles or use strips of zinc (one such product is called "Shingle Shield.")

Reply to
Phisherman

Yep, I was afraid that would be the answer.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K