Repositioning a bathroom drain pipe

I'm in the process of installing a pedestal sink. I have to move the drain pipe horizontally around 10 inches. What is the best way to do this without impeding drainage?

Reply to
Johnnie

Open the wall up. Find out what is in there and what kind of pipe was used. The "typical" layout is a San TEE with the vent connection directly on top and drain below. (There are lots of other possibilities...)

If that's what it looks like, turn the TEE 90 deg left or right and add a 10" length to the inlet of the TEE and an EL on the other end.

Of course, you can't *actually* turn the TEE, so best to saw a section out and use 2 No-Hub couplings to put a new TEE in place.

Buy a basic plumbing How-To book to get a better idea of what's involved. Watch out for framing members that may be in the way.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Thanks Jim. Opened the wall and vent/drain connection is as you said.

Reply to
Johnnie