Replacing Single Siding Tile

Hi, I will be replacing several asbestoes tiles that have broken / fallen. I will not be able to remove the previous nails nor get the new nail under the tile above it, is there a way? Should I do anything special with the exposed nail (silicon) to prevent water seepage under it? Some of these tiles will be continually exposed to weather and some sheltered. I am clueless about this so any suggestions short of some one else doing the work will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Bill

Reply to
Bill

You can slide a hacksaw blade (hold it with your gloved hand) up under the tile above to cut off the nails. Then you should be able to remove all remnants of the old tile. Slide a new tile into place and just nail it as far up as you can and cover with caulk. I've never nailed one of those types of tiles, whether asbestos, cement fiber, or whatever, so I don't know the details of how you keep from breaking it. But otherwise it should be just like doing any replacement shingle siding such as cedar shakes.

Ken

Reply to
Ken