replacing part of a sill

We're about to buy a 1910 home, and the inspector found some termite issues in some of the beams in the basement, and a section of the sill plate about 18 feet long needs to be replaced.

What is involved in this? Will it require jacking up the house?

Thanks, fnord

Reply to
fnord

I just did mine , it was allot, thousands . But you ask a real stupid question , as all houses are unique, Get bids , then come back with a good question.

Do you realy think anyone can give an idea without seeing it.....

Reply to
m Ransley

Thanks for the kind words.

I was wondering if sill plates can be replaced without jacking, maybe I worded the question wrong.

We do plan > I just did mine , it was allot, thousands . But you ask a real stupid

Reply to
fnord