Replacing central heat and air... need advice

Have been given a price of $6000 to replace my old 3 ton unit with new Lennox 13 seer system. Is that price in the ballpark or am I being taken to the cleaners? Thanks, George Savannah, GA

Reply to
geosears

For a 13-SEER, WOW! I would get bids on a lot of makes and then make certain the installer is first rate! How is a matched system going to pay for itself in savings at that price?

Reply to
udarrell

Good advice. Made a couple of phone calls and found a 12 SEER Bryant in the $3500 range, reputable dealer too. Doubt 1 SEER will make too much difference. If I could have gotten a twin to what I have, (cools and heats and has for 23 years), I would have bought it at 6 SEER. Thanks, GeoW

Reply to
GeoW

Sounds high for most of the U.S. Get another couple of bids.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

I would suggest additional bids and remember that it is the installer, not the brand of the unit that is most important.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

WAY high. Even for Lemmox stuff.

Just put in a new Trane unit, 14SEER heat pump, complete split for about half that.

Reply to
Carolina Breeze HVAC