Replacing an old window with a new one:

How do you measure old window for new replacement window?

Reply to
MOUSETRAP

With a tape measure?

Reply to
user

Well, user certainly gave you some valuable advice! I also know that not everybody processes information the same way. So in case user's advise didn't do it for you I offer you the following link. Maybe it'll be a little better for you.

Good luck.

Reply to
LaManchaDQ

Funny...But I mean do you need to remove the trim around the window to get true measurements or can you just measure inside the molding?

Reply to
MOUSETRAP

You need to measure the inside...the part that the present window butts up to on both sides.

You shouldn't hafta remove the trim. You should be able to measure the opening at the top of the sash...when its in the closed position.

Measure it accurately...very important, of course.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©