Replacing a cracked window

I'm guessing that is for the glass and gas seal... not for a bird flying into the glass, causing a cracked pane.

Same with flying rocks from a lawn mower. Double check the warranty.

Reply to
Oren

That IS correct. They are guaranteed against losing their seal and getting condensation in them, or going "cloudy". Breakage is not covered. If it is a BIG window, like 35 sq frt or more, your homeowners insurance might cover it - but you WILL pay for it in the long run.

Reply to
clare

My unit was bought at HD and made by Silver Line Building Products. There are no conditions to the guarantee, they are covered no matter what happened to the glass.

Reply to
Dan Espen

I'm not positive that was it. The screen was still intact, and the cracks radiate from a point right at the very edge of the glass.

Either way, $130 isn't a big deal. I'll let the glass guy decide if it's a warranty issue or not.

Reply to
Mitch