Replace Sharp Microwave Backlight Out

Hi,

The backlight on our Sharp microwave display (model R-630DS) has gone out. Is this home fixable? Any leads on getting part and instructions? We are in Eastern MA.

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Abby Brown

Ah, eastern Mass-- no doubt a hand wringing Teddy Kennedy liberal. Doesn't the government fix things like that? If they don't now, no doubt they soon will the way things are going.

If you're game to try it yourself, first unplug the oven from the wall. Then look for the screws that hold the light cover plate in place. If none, you'll probably need to open the case to get at it.

Look for screws on the back or bottom and remove them. Remove the bulb (unscrew or pull-- depending on model) and if it's an ordinary 40 watt appliance bulb, drive to the store and buy another. If it's a specialty appliance bulb, take it with you to the nearest appliance parts store, show it to the nice man, and ask for another. Insert in oven, close up case, plug in, cook...

Reply to
John H. Holliday

It sounds as though it is the light for the numerical LCD display, not the oven light.

Curious question for the OP, can you read the numbers if you shine a flashlight on it?

That happened to my odometer, also to a radio in a different car. I fixed both of them although I couldn't find the exact same miniature lamps. The radio one had to be soldered, the odometer one was in a twist in base. Original was frosted so I lightly sprayed some white paint on a clear one.

Reply to
Tony

We regularly repair these control units for customers nationwide by mail for $39.95 postpaid in about a week or so with a one-year guarantee.

See

GunFax.com