Repairing a vinyl post that has popped off?

My chunky bulldog managed to bust through our new vinyl fence and popped one of the posts off. We attempted to glue the post back in place however it keeps falling off. I am unsure if i'm using the correct adhesive? or if there is a correct way to repair the fence. Any suggestions or help would be fantastic! Thanks Heidi

Reply to
Myheidi

April 1 ... oh well, you might be serious. There is a hollow space in there that could be filled with a supporting member.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Isn't that a flavor of icecream?

Haven't been up close to a vinyl fence so I don't know who big the gap is in these fences.

PC-70 fills spaces well, and sticks to almost anything. Havent tried vinyl, but rough it up with sand paper or a surform, and make the area of the vinyl that the epoxy is attached to as big as you can. Like the size of two postage stamps at least.

Keep anyone from touching it for 24 hours.

Lately, I've only seen pc-70 in small containers, 2 oz?, but I buy it in 2 four-oz. cans. If you never let anything that has touched one material touch the other can, it will keep for years and years. A little can go a long way, although you might need quite a bit here, I don't know.

You can slobber on your fingers and use them to smooth out the glue, but if it is all out of sight, that wouldn't matter here.

Reply to
mm

Reply to
Myheidi

I've used Liquid Nails in the past to reattach a vinyl picket that had broken loose. I clamped the picket for 24 hours or so. Seems to be holding well many months later.

Reply to
The Streets

This is one of the posts that goes into the ground?

I just put up a vinyl fence. The instructions were to fill the gate and end posts with cement and rebar.

Use any glue to just hold in the cement until it cures. Use 3 pieces of rebar and fill the post to a few inches from the top.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Read the label on the glue?

Reply to
Goedjn

Not unless the dog is well trained, which strikes me as unlikely. An excited bulldog will be right through the shock zone before the idiot ambulatory set of jaws figures out that it hurts.

Reply to
Goedjn